London Tube for iPad is the original and top selling application for getting around London.
Apple has selected London Tube for iPad to be featured at the Apple Store Regent Street & Convent Garden London. Demos are available!
London Tube for iPad is a comprehensive guide to travelling through London. It includes official subway maps. London Tube map is licensed by Presselite from Transport for London (TfL).
- Latest official map of London Tube with zones (2010). Landscape and portrait modes. Maps of all London Tube lines.
- Precise location of each station on the map (with a red circle). This application is fully compatible with Google Maps, each station is represented by a red pin, a popup shows you the distance, and it's updated live (thanks to GPS) as you walk in the streets of London!
- The journey planner tool allows you to find automatically the best route to get to your destination in London Tube. Interactive map to choose your stations for the route. To get better Route results, please switch into Best Route in the settings. The journey planner does not require a network connection to operate, it works perfectly while in the subway.
- A bookmark manager allows you to save your stations and routes.
- The application locates the nearest Tube stations from your position in London. You can also provide an address in London, the application indicates the stations closest to that address.
- London Tube Service updates (Live travel news) are available.
- London Tube has added the push notification support that allows you to be notified in background, even if you have closed the application. This new feature allows you to receive Tube alerts in real time, when a disrupted line is detected, a notification is automatically sent to your iPad. A numbered badge to London Tube application icon shows the current number of disrupted lines. It is possible to customize the notifications you want to receive on your iPad. Select the lines you want to receive notifications for in the settings. You can also switch off the Notification Service in the settings. Please make sure that Notifications are turned on for this application in the Settings of your iPad if you want to receive notifications.
- London Bus is available for the first time in the same application via in-app purchase. This option allows you to switch between the underground and bus systems at any time using the same application. This add-on includes the official (Central) London Buses map from TfL with the key bus routes, locates the nearest bus stations, and also offers a journey planner tool.
- You can add new Point of Interest (POI) databases to London Tube application via in-app purchase. These options allow you to activate Food & Drink POI, Leisure POI, Attractions POI, and Accommodation POI in all over the UK. You will be able to locate all nearby POI on Google Maps.
- The application is available in English, French, Spanish, Deutsch and Japanese.
All official maps are copyright Transport for London (TfL).
Thank you for taking the time to report any bugs or to request an enhancement to London Tube for iPad application. Feedback is very important to us. We will do our best to answer queries. Email us at
London Tube application for iPad